The NFDI4Ing (online) workshop for Research Data Management in High Performance Computing & Measurement is taking place on Wednesday, April 06, 2022 from 1 pm to 4 pm – free and open to all. Our focus will be on data which is generated on (national) tier 1 computing centres (HLRS, JSC, LRZ).
- Hardware systems, storage systems, data transfer tools at tier 1 HPC centres
- SuperMUC-NG, Hawk, JUWELS & JURECA, backup and archiving, UFT, GridFTP, Globus Online, data containers (e.g. LRZ DSS)
- Basics in research data management
- FAIR data principles, metadata & terminology, repositories, identifier (DOI), licenses, best-practices
- Research data management tools and services at tier 1 HPC centers
- Metadata standards, metadata crawling, interfaces, repositories, containerization, FAIR HPC data, B2SHARE, InHPC-DE etc.
- Consortium NFDI4Ing, outlook and discussion
Lecturers & Institutions
- High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS): Dr.-Ing. Thomas Bönisch, Nadiia Huskova, Volodymyr Kushnarenko
- Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC): Sander Apweiler
- Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ): Dr. Stephan Hachinger, Stephan Peinkofer
- Technical University of Munich (TUM): Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Stemmer, Benjamin Farnbacher, Nils Hoppe, Vasiliki Sdralia
This workshop is addressed at users actively working at the (national) tier 1 computing centres; researchers with large, immobile data; personnel in research data management and everyone who is interested (no mandatory requirements).
Further information and updates:
We are looking forward to meeting you; please do not hesitate to contact us for any further question!